Personal care services are one of the essential needs in human life. Therefore Personal care business is growing day by day in all countries around the world. According to reports, there are 54,645 personal care stores only in Canada. Also, customers' needs and expectations are changing. Alongside a quality service, stores need to provide trust and expertise to their customers.
With the growing social media usage, people search and reach services and products on these platforms. Businesses need to build their marketing strategies on online platforms to attract more customers. Getting all appointments over the phone and emails, managing customer records, managing store revenue are other challenges business owners face to provide good service to their customers and personnel.
Designing a website that will help personal care businesses to manage their services, appointments, customers. This platform will also let businesses analyze their service orders, sales and income. Based on these analytics they will build promotion plans to grow their businesses.
April 2021 - September 2021
Figma | Illustrator | Photoshop | Zoom | Jira | Mural |
UX/UI Designer: I played role in all processes of user research. In the inspiration phase I conducted user interviews with business owners and beauty salon staff and did secondary research to gather qualitative and quantitive data. I analyzed these data by creating user persona, customer journey map. Then with my design team I create sketches and low-fi wireframes for the solutions that we agreed on. Then I design and prototype whole desktop pages of this product.
HUMAN-CENTERED DESIGN PROCESS
We interviewed 5 participants and collected insights. 3 participants were personal care business owners and 2 participants were personal care salon personnel. Here are the top findings from these interviews:
1) All stores use at least one application to promote their business.
2) 4/5 of the participants, have a website of their stores but they don't have a reservation system. They get appointments by email or phone.
3) When beauty stores are very busy, there can be long waiting times for customers and it affects customer satisfaction.
4) Any of these stores has a system to keep a record of all appointments for each service and analyze data to improve the business.
5) Store owners couldn't open their store during pandemic. They need to attract more customers to close the gab.
1) Store owners would like to let their customers know about their new services, special prices, and promotions.
2) Store owners don't have a customer management system to keep the data of their customers and generate new ideas for their needs.
3) Advertisements they make on other platforms or on their business website are not very efficient. They need a platform to reach more people.
4) 5/5 of the stores would like to let people know about the salon working hours, service quality, and high-level covid precautions have been taken.
5) 5/5 of the participants would manage their stores more efficiently to grow their business and make the customers happy.
CUSTOMER JOURNEY MAP
Store Edit Page
- For business-facing products, it is very important to understand businesses' habits while they use this kind of platform. Every stores may have different expectations, needs, goals, and priorities.
- Before the high fidelity phase, we need to think about every possible way that users may follow. It is easy to make changes on user flows and low fidelity wireframes but during the high fidelity process, it may take a long time.
- We should use a project management tool that all team members can update each other when we make any changes to the design.
- It is important to discuss about the feasibility of potential ideas with developer engineers.
- For the visual design, it is important to use dynamic colors and fonts that can reflect positivity to the user.
- While users are interacting with the product, they always should have the flexibility of moving between pages.
- Get user feedbacks and improve the design and interactions
- Conduct more user and design research to uncover user needs and problems and build solutions
- Generate new feature ideas to improve the product and increase usability
- Add e-commerce feature to let business sell their beauty and personal care products to their customers
- Add chat function to improve the communication between business and customer, this will help them solve potential small problems.
- Improve social media feature to make the platform more attractive for users.